Wow another year has flown by. For me, I like to reflect on what I have achieved, accomplished over the year and look to what I want to do next or build on. I am not a huge fan of setting lots of new year resolutions as I think you can take on new challenges or goals through out the year. It’s important to review them and taking the small consistent steps towards the end goal.
Things I have done / happened in 2016:
- Traveled to Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Bali, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Thailand again (I’m going to be cheeky and include the end of 2015 as I was lucky enough to go to Morocco, Turkey, and Sri Lanka)
- Started and completed the IIN Health Coach course so I am now a certified Health Coach
- Lit a lantern on the beach with my gorgeous one and watched it drift up into the night sky last New Year’s Eve
- Went sea canoeing off the islands in Phuket and discovered the incredible wildlife that mother nature has hidden away. We went with an awesome company – John Grays Sea Canoeing. They’re eco-friendly and very much about having a fantastic experience without damaging the environment. It was an unforgettable experience.
- Had a fun night at the lady-boy bar in Rawai, Phuket. Those ladies know how to have a great night.
- Discovered a couple of co-working spaces in Bangkok like the Hive and a delicious place for lunch called the Luka Bangkok
- Stayed at the Green Leaf Boutique Hotel in Cambodia which is hotel set up by a group of humanitarians. It is a non-profit hotel where the funds go to their foundation that supports a local orphanage, water purification and education amongst other projects.
- Explored the beauty of Chiang Mai in between co-working space session at Punspace and getting great brunches / sandwiches for the day from the Hide Out.
- Spent my birthday in Bali at a beautiful hotel and had a seriously hardcore spa day followed by an exquisite dinner at the best restaurant in Ubud with my love
- All the healthy, delicious eateries in Canggu and Berawa area near Seminyak – wow so many to check out – Little Flinders, Balifornia, Milk and Madu, Hungry Bird, Koi, Monsieur Spoon, Rukko, The Peloton, Green Ginger Noodle House to name a few!!
- Walked the beaches in Canggu, Bali at sunrise again with my special human
- Visited a very old and wonderful friend in Kuala Lumpur for a long weekend and enjoying the beautiful madness of her little humans with one on the way that I would meet later in the summer
- Rescuing a puppy in Bali and finding it a new home
- Fresh coconut delivery service in Bali – loved this so much and we were totally spoilt by it. Love fresh coconut straight from the tree
- Gojek in Bali! If only there was this service all over the world. They do any kind of delivery from your food shopping, take out and even people!
- Spending time with incredible friends from all over the world
- I became an aunt again to my super gorgeous little niece
- Along with becoming an aunt, 8 friends had little ones this year which was fantastic and exciting times ahead
- Dog sitting the cutest pup along with my dog
- Drove a Trabi car in Berlin – highly recommend it as a great way to see the city and learn about its history
- Watching the Mr Gaga documentary and Q&A after the show
- Having a tradition of Sunday brunches with my favourite human (oh and with the dog)
- Testing out a lot of new healthy recipes from my course and from Mindful Chef
- The statement from my special one that he never realised that I could cook 😉
- Doing a yoga workshop with Jessica Olie hosted by Active in Style – wow, what a great Sunday
- Summer walks in the park with the dog running around like a little lunatic
- Falling in love with London and its sights
- Visiting Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples
- Spent New Year’s on a beach in Thailand watching the most intense firework display that I can remember in a long time
- And I am lucky enough to be spending this New Year’s on another tranquil beach in Thailand
- Quit sugar for 2 months using Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar Program and I can totally appreciate the impact it has on me
- Took on the Maria Kondo challenge of the art of tidying – I’ve seen an amazing shift in clearing out so many old things and rediscovering some hidden gems.
- Completed 10 days meditation on Headspace which then became 28 days straight – my meditation habit is continuing although not quite every day.
- Tried a calligraphy class for the first time and loved it
It’s been an incredible year and I have so many things to be grateful for.
Wishing you a wonderful New Year and I hope you take a moment to reflect on the year that has gone as you welcome in 2017.